This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of LITS Sdn. Bhd. (hereinafter referred to as “LITS”, “us”, “our” or “ours”). For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning assigned to them in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”)
LITS will only collect personal information of users and/or customers to the extent necessary for the operation and provision of services to our users and/or customers and for other purposes directly related to our operation and provision of the services.
Your personal data that are collected and processed by LITS includes:
- Your personal details and contact details which you have provided to us including your name, date of birth, NRIC or passport number (and where necessary, copies of the same), e-mail address, mobile number and where applicable, bank account details and credit/debit card details;
- Information about you which are collected by our technology, including parking payment and credit top-up transaction details from our e-Payment and credit top-up agents, electronic/mobile communications with LITS, our vendors and other related third parties;
- Information collected from your use of our website, mobile application or any other platforms operated by us (including information such as the website from which you visit LITS platforms, the pages and content which you view, the date and duration of your visit, cookies to track usage patterns from the analytics tools such as Google Analytics and others);
- Feedback information which you have provided via an official feedback form or otherwise gathered from any of our platforms;
- Information provided by you during on-ground or digital promotions, tie-ups, contests, and any other marketing activities that may be carried out by LITS or its trusted partners. Information collected from third parties or other permissible or authorised sources, such as where you have given your consent to third parties' websites (e.g. public or permitted directories) to disclose to us information relating to you, and personal data collected through banks, financial institutions and/or credit reporting agencies.
- to register and operate your account with us;
- to assess, process and provide our products and/or services to you;
- to facilitate and process payments made through our platforms and to keep records of the same for auditing, anti-money laundering prevention actions and other legal purposes;
- to administer and process any payments related to products and/or services requested by you;
- to conduct credit reference checks and to establish your creditworthiness;
- to very your identity and carry out due diligence or other monitoring or screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
- to communicate with you and deliver information that is requested by you and/or, in some cases, is targeted to based on your usage and interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of LITS’ platforms;
- to personalise and improve your user experience with our platforms;
- to communicate with you and to provide, maintain and improve customer support and relationship, including to respond to your enquiries or complaints or resolve any issues and disputes which may arise in connection with any of your dealings with us;
- to conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, planning and statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services;
- to provide you with information about the activities, products, services, events and programmes that may be organized, managed, facilitated, provided, sponsored and/or participated by us, our subsidiaries, partners or sponsors;
- for our storage, hosting back-up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside Malaysia;
- to notify you about benefits, changes to the features, promotions, alerts, to provide you with newsletters, updates, promotional materials and special privileges, and to send you festive greetings and parking-related content;
- to enable LITS’s customer loyalty programmes, where applicable;
- to enable use to monitor and improve our services to you, including for the purpose of staff training, quality assurance, maintenance and improvement of our platforms and related technology;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to LITS and to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to LITS; and/or for any other reasonable purposes required to operate, maintain and better manage our business and your relationship with us.
Your personal data is collected directly from you when you:-
- when you interact and communicate with LITS and/or our subsidiaries, partners or sponsors at any events or activities related to us;
- when you communicate with LITS, for example when you purchase credit top up and monthly passes via LITS channels, or when you contact LITS for any enquiries including by getting in touch with LITS’s customer service through any available LITS channels);
- when your register or subscribe for a specific service or publications from LITS;
- when you participate in any of our surveys, polls or other similar activities conducted to improve the content of LITS’s website/LITS Mobile App, or used for LITS’s marketing purposes;
- when you enter or participate in any competitions, contests or loyalty programmes organized by LITS and/or any of its subsidiaries, partners or sponsors;
- when you register your interest and/or request for information through our platforms or any other available channels;
- when you respond to any marketing materials that LITS sends out;
- when you visit or browse LITS’s platforms;
- when you lodge a complaint with LITS or any of our authorised third parties; and
- when you provide feedback to LITS;
Other than the personal data obtained from you directly as stated above, LITS may also obtain your personal data from third parties (as further explained in ‘Description of Your Personal Data’ and ‘Purposes for the processing of your personal data’ above).
You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:-
- to make data request in writing to LITS for information on your personal data that is being processed by or on behalf of LITS (Section 30(2) of PDPA);
- to correct any of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date at any time;
- to limit the processing of your personal data including the personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from your personal data (Section 7(1)(f) of PDPA);
- to unsubscribe to our marketing materials and/or correspondence by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the emails and/or newsletters LITS sends to you and following the instructions therein; and/or
- to request for your personal data to be removed from LITS’ database in writing. in to LITs via email to email@example.com..
If you have any request in relation to the abovementioned rights or any inquiries or complaints in respect to your personal data, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note however that LITS may refuse to comply with your request under the limited circumstances as specified within the PDPA and where LITS refuses to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and the reason(s) for our refusal as soon as possible, or in any case within the timeline outlined by the PDPA.
The following is a list of the class of persons to whom LITS may disclose your personal data:-
- LITS’ group of companies (including our direct and indirect shareholders, and our parent, holding, subsidiaries, related and/or associated companies);
- our professional advisers, vendors, suppliers, agents, contractors, service providers, business partners, customers, insurance companies, banks and/or financial institutions;
- successors-in-title to us;
- parties involved in any corporate exercise (e.g. proposed or actual mergers and/or acquisitions, joint venture, funding exercise, asset sale or for any other matter of such nature which relates to us);
- any governmental agencies, regulatory authorities, local authorities, municipal councils and/or statutory bodies,
whether within or outside Malaysia, and where necessary, to any party who undertakes to keep your personal data confidential in carrying out the Purposes mentioned above or to persons to whom we are compelled or required under the law to make such disclosure to.
- We would require you to provide to us with your complete, updated and accurate personal data and your failure to do the same may result in LITS not being able to provide its full services to you as outlines by the Purposes.
- You will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept updated.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely. We will take practical steps to protect your personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction, including but not limited, to applying such protections through the use of procedural and technical safeguards such as encryption, "firewalls" and secure socket layers. If any security breach has come to your attention with regards to your use of our services, please let us know as soon as possible.
Notwithstanding the same, we admit that perfect security does not exist on the internet and as such LITS is unable to provide absolute assurance that your personal data that you provide to LITS will be secure at all times. LITS disclaims responsibility for any breach arising from unauthorised access to or theft of your personal data which are not attributed to our negligence to take reasonable precaution.
LITS will only keep your personal data for the duration that is necessary to carry out the Purpose for which your personal data was collected and also for the other Purposes set out in this Personal Data Privacy Notice.
The LITS platforms and its related services are not directed at persons under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you are required to obtain your parent/guardian's permission before you provide your personal data to LITS and/or its related companies.
In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the English language version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English language version shall prevail.